How do we highlight the importance of the aerospace industry in New Mexico?
Social Media Management
Photo & Video Production
GOALS & CHALLENGES
In 2019, Spaceport America contracted Barracuda PR to highlight the importance of the aerospace industry in New Mexico. During this period, residents were eager to see more activity and communication from the spaceport. Barracuda PR aimed to ramp up Spaceport America’s communications and build up it’s brand, while addressing the absence of creative assets.
Barracuda PR tackled negative public perception of Spaceport
America through the following initiatives:
• We highlighted their contribution to education in New Mexico by promoting Spaceport’s STEM Road Trip, a traveling workshop that went to classrooms all throughout the state.
• We created STEAM mascots, Spirit and Sky, to reach a new K-12 audience.
• We highlighted Spaceport America’s relevance by highlighting their podcast featuring guests within the space industry.
• We emphasized Spaceport America’s global reach through our focus on the Spaceport America Cup, which gathered students all throughout the world in an intercollegiate rocket competition that takes place once a year.
• We gave the most enthusiastic Spaceport America fans a chance to showcase their support by dropping new merchandise designs.
• We set them up for future success by revamping their marketing material such as tents, banners, newsletter templates, and social media graphics.
SPIRIT AND SKY
From April 2019 to February 2023,
Facebook page likes count grew by 170%.
3.8M impressions on Facebook.
Instagram followers count grew by 935%.
1.8M impressions on Instagram.
YouTube subscribers count grew by 273%.
144K impressions on LinkedIn.
LinkedIn followers count grew by 1,173%.
The growth was almost all organic, with almost no paid ads. The client received national attention from Virgin Galactic’s first human spaceflight launch with Richard Branson, which took place at Spaceport America on July 11, 2021. Through our social media efforts, we cultivated a culture of regular updates, posting, and communication with their followers through engagement, all while highlighting Spaceport America’s value to their audience.