Barracuda Public Relations is always looking for smart, curious, hard-working, talented and creative professionals who care about the community we live in. Barracuda offers personal professional development opportunities, unlimited vacation, 401k, healthcare benefits and a 4-day work week (M-TH as projects allow).
Job Title: Chief Storyteller
Department: Public Relations
Reports to: CEO
Chief Storyteller writes and/or assigns and edits all written client materials (including press releases, video scripts, blogs, social media copy, graphics copy, etc.) along with taking project lead duties as PR Specialist for some clients (client management, project management, media scheduling and coordinating, etc.)
– Delegate copywriting for press releases, social media, scripts, etc.
– Edit, copy edit and approve copy content for press releases, social media, scripts, etc.
– As project lead, oversee pitches to media, media scheduling and coordinating
– Schedule photo/video production
– Assign graphic design content to creative team
– Writing and editing content for press releases, social media, scripts, etc.
– Pitches to media, media scheduling and coordinating
– Lead several projects at the same time
– As project lead, send all material and content for client approval
– As project lead, provide social media and earned media reports to clients
– Weekly or bi-weekly meetings with clients/projects
– Review video/photo content
– Review graphic content
– Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
– Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
– Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
– Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
– Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
– Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
– Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
– Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment.
– Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and Google Workplace.
– Familiarity with and basic knowledge of social media platforms/communications styles for each platform.
– Adaptable to new technologies and project management software.
Education and Experience:
– B.A. in public relations, journalism/multi-media, marketing or related field.
– At least three years of experience in writing for public relations and/or journalism; experience in supervisor and/or editor position preferred.
– Experience with communicating public works projects is a plus.
– Bilingual, and ability to read and write Spanish copy a plus.
– Familiarity with the El Paso/Cd.Juarez community is a plus.
– Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
– Reliable transportation.
How to Apply:
– Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
– Please include: “Chief Storyteller” in the subject line.