Barracuda is hiring a Full-Time Motion Designer who is ready to share their creativity in a fast-paced environment and isn’t afraid to dive into new and exciting projects. Interested applicants should send their resumes and portfolios to email@example.com. Barracuda offers a fun, exciting, and rewarding work environment with 401k, health insurance and unlimited vacation days.
Job Title: PR Specialist
Barracuda Public Relations is hiring a PR Specialist. The PR Specialist will oversee public-facing communications for clients to increase awareness of and grow a client’s brand through press releases, social media management, project management, blog pieces and more. Interested applicants should send their resumes and portfolios to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Recruits, interviews, and trains new staff on each client project.
- Oversees the daily workflow of each client’s projects and social media account.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Draft comms plan for client to determine scope of project and manage client expectations.
- Draft press releases, pitches, etc., as needed.
- Creates content for a variety of media, including feature articles, blogs, social media captions, etc.
- Keep consistency across all brand communications.
- Build relationships with media contacts, social media influencers and more and pitch stories regularly.
- Manage media requests quickly and efficiently.
- Track media coverage to measure effectiveness of efforts.
- Organize and schedule events for clients as needed.
- Attend weekly meetings with each client to stay apprised of client events and news.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of AP Style.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
- Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, public relations, marketing, or related field
- 3-4 years of experience in journalism, public relations or corporate communications
- Proven experience/understanding in or of developing, implementing, and executing effective public relations campaigns
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
- Must be able to walk prolonged distances for occasional blockwalking.